View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:33 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The 10mm may have practical uses, but law enforcement and military are not among them. I don't fault the FBI for backtracking on it. It has nothing to do with the feds being "girly" men; it's because 10mm is a fairly difficult cartridge to shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
As far as Beretta 92s/96s being popular police guns, just because you don't see them carried by your local police, doesn't mean that the dozens, or hundreds of police organizations across the U.S. Don't. I talked to a few cops who carry Beretta 96s.
The Beretta 92/96 series is definitely not a popular police gun. It may have been popular 15-20 years ago (I'm old enough to remember when our State Troopers and Highway Patrol used to carry them), but not anymore. Today, it's considered an outdated design by most law enforcement agencies, even though it's still the "default" pistol of cops and bad guys in Hollywood.

Right now, Glocks account for 65% of the U.S. law enforcement market, while SIG-Sauers account for about 30%. S&W, Beretta, and H&K are all fighting over the remaining 5% or so. That's not my opinion; it's fact. So statistically, Berettas can't really be "popular".

Last edited by MT2008; 02-16-2010 at 04:36 AM.