View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 12:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Actually I call bullshit on being sued by gun makers on the idea that they don't patent the image of guns, just the names of guns. There was a recent article about how gun companies own the rights to guns but no the image of guns being used in games and game companies would have to pay so that they can use gun company logos and names in their games.

I have not seen a single interview with Kojima nor from Konami on an official reason why all the guns are fictional when in all the previous games, they have been using real depictions of guns. It's been a staple of MGS to glorified what guns Snake is holding. In MGS1, there's a funny scene between Snake wanting to trade his MK 23 for Meryl's Desert Eagle. MGS2, when Snake picked up a USP, it was pointed out that it was a USP. In MGS3, there are codec conversations describing what gun you are equipped with and in MGS4, it is practically in love with the M4.

And with the amount of budget and development time spent on this game, I seriously doubt Konami didn't have the money to buy the name rights for guns let alone use images of guns since there is now law in selling a product that has only digital representations of guns.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”