View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
has anyone gotten in touch with the siops of the Wiki's hes stealing from and plagerizing their work?
I don't know about Halo, but there's nothing much the Frontlines wiki could object to because their article is just copied from the official weapon descriptions in the game. I think his funniest one is the Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine article, where he's just copied the weapon list from one of the tabletop game's sourcebooks rather than given a list of guns which can actually be confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
In theory, the webmaster can lock out right-clicking across the site.
I've yet to see one of those you can't get around by disabling java (same with those scripts that prevent text highlighting on sites like Snopes), and you can't stop people hitting print screen.

More to the point, he isn't jacking these images to make a wiki, he's doing it because it's against our rules as a childish attempt to annoy us. I don't think even this kid is so colossally dumb he actually thinks he can make a rival IMFDB from a couple of stolen / empty articles, he's just doing the equivalent of crossing the road and pulling faces at the teacher on the last day of term.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 07-15-2011 at 10:04 AM.