View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Edit: This thread is from FEB 2009(!) but a lot of new members have joined since then.

I wanted to check with everyone, before I added some sort of formalized rule.

In the past, IMFDB members have been okay with me posting gun pics of firearms taken directly from MOVIE ARMORY inventory because (a) when we may need them in the future when we see them, I won't have instant access to them at that time and (b) if there are blank adapted samples of THAT particular NEW gun sitting in inventory, the chances of it appearing in something is far greater than randomly listing some newly released firearm off the net.

That's the case with the pages for the Ruger LCP and the Browning Pro-9. Haven't seen them yet, but I thought it prudent to actually GET the pics while I could, and have them available to help ID them when they DO show up.

Again, this only applies to guns which are IN someone's active movie armorer inventory, regardless of which armory house it is. Does that sound okay to everyone?

The rule about jacking random gun pics off of Google and putting them up even if they don't appear in anything (the rule about removing them) still applies though. We did that for a long time with the weird "one-offs" and "prototype" guns that some members were obsessed with making pages for.......