View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 PM

This one might take a bit so, go take a leak and grab a cup of coffee.

I carried an M-9 Beretta, I was issued on as a PFC because I carried an M-4A1 the -203 slung underneath and our TO&E called for grenadiers to carry a sidearm sense they couldn't carry a bayonet. Side note: In lieu of the bayonet, I carried my cousin's Ka-Bar that he wore on his survival vest in OEF. He gave it to me before I deployed as a sort of tailsman.

When we deployed, I had been bumped up to squad leader, but was still carrying the -203 due to a few holes in the platoon. Further note: With the exception of my platoon sergeant, PDM and SDMs, the other platoon grenadier, the SAW gunners, and the -240 team, everybody in my Platoon carried an M-4A1, but we were a Cav unit so we were still equipped as if we would be fighting from the Brads.

I used my Beretta exactly once. We were in rather close confines and I flt it would be quicker to use it then fool with getting my M-4 back in the fight just then. Fired 9 rounds from it and reholstered it. That was it. It wasn't even all that mission critical, just more a matter of convience.