View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Last time I heard Glock was at 40 percent or so. But then even civilain firearms should be showing up in movies about civilians. And then you are still more likely to see a thug in a movie pull a beretta than the hi point or lorcin criminals carry. And Average Joe Citizen will pull a Glock 17 from the nightstand instead of a M&P or XD.
This is more or less what I meant. I wouldn't expect LE officers in a crime drama or soldiers/Marines in a war film to carry something that isn't commonly issued, but criminals and civilians are a different story. In Heat, Waingro (sp?) carried two Star Megastars, not at all common (though for good reason). In Ronin, the head IRA guy (whose name escapes me at the moment) carried a P22x Sport, not all that common at the time either and still not really common today. I know that even in the criminal/civilian arena, Glocks would still be far more likely to be used, but I could see the main antagonist and/or his enforcer using something "exotic." Gold-plated 1911s and Strayer-Voigt Infinity customs aren't exactly common either but still feature in a number of television shows/films.

And as per a previous poster's comment, it would be nice if Steyr did start exporting the M1A series again. I did have an opportunity to fire one at my local range, and I loved it.