View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:14 AM

The LAPD approves several guns, Beretta 92 series guns being some of them.

More importantly though, ergonomics relative to other designs that aren't necessarily "bad," or a few isolated cases of failure which may be the result of poor maintenance, ammunition or magazines rather than the gun design itself, does not mean the gun suffers from "design flaw" at least not by those reasons. Is a SIG decocker better than the slide mounted setup on the Beretta? Perhaps. Does it make the Beretta's decocking system crap? No. It's arguably not as good, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Frankly I've got no problem decocking my Beretta with one hand, though I'll concede the SIG system is better. Appropriate grip size is also relative, so if you don't like it, that's fine, but again, that doesn't mean the gun is ergonomically poor, it just means other guns are ergonomically superior.

As far as reliability goes, EVERYTHING has the potential to fail, regardless of design. I've seen Berettas fail, I've seen 1911s fail, I've seen AKs fail. It doesn't mean the design is poor (if there are only a few cases that is), but there's something wrong with that particular device or another variable, and most assuredly, for that gun, there are thousands upon thousands more that work just fine.

Berettas are not craptacular pistols, they are good guns with a legacy, and are worthy of our respect, even if their usability is slightly overshadowed by other technology out there. Look at the magazine as half full and not half empty, and don't call something "bad" because something else is more "good". One can be "good" and the other "better" but in that case, the former is not even close to "bad".

Last edited by Yournamehere; 11-21-2010 at 05:50 AM.