Thread: Reporting pages
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 AM
IMFDB Admin

I have spoken about this before with other MODS. I don't like seeing pages of guns that have NOT appeared anywhere.

We are NOT GUN-Pedia, nor should we be. Think about the casual viewer or first time visitor trying to figure out what gun was in what movie. And they end up going to gun pages that have NO credits or places where the gun appears. Won't that look kinda strange? (and also make IMFDB look either sloppy or out of control?)

Of course I am in a conundrum, since I created one page for a gun that I 'think' has been used but don't know where (the Browning Pro-9 pistol page) and the photographs are of BLANK ADAPTED pistols which are already in active inventory in the industry, so the chances of them being seen is far greater than any of the weird obscure experimental guns.

However, I am willing to DELETE my own page, so that I would not be a hypocrite, and just wait to make it when it is seen in either a movie, TV show, Anime, VG,.

I am willing to do this so that we can delete those other gun pages which are done purely because the creator doesn't understand the reason for IMFDB's existence.

thoughts?