View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 06:31 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
He doesn't fire proper bullets from them though, it is always weird stuff like tranq darts, rubber bullets, tasers, concussion grenades, stuff like that. Depending on who is writing/drawing him he has on rare occasions used guns or gun-like weapons himself, mainly for grappling hooks but occasionally directed energy, less lethal projectiles of some sort, or whatever mcguffin is needed to take down his current opponent. In the comics he now has (well, not has, but will have, its complicated) a sidekick called Bluebird that carries a gun, non-lethal though it may be. Hell, some artwork that was released for an upcoming issue shows Batman with a gun too (and a cybernetic hand as well).

From looking at these photos, does anybody else get the feeling that it transforms into different modes? There are doors at the front which are folded down and look like they could fold over the air intakes above them. Similarly, the various fins look like they could fold down flat against the body and the wheels look like they might retract in tight against the body. My guess is that this is in normal mode, but in battle or when he smashes through stuff all of the plates and wheels will retract in to protect it and make it smaller.
Has Bluebird made it into the main series yet, I've only seen her in Batman Eternal. I think he's become more accepting of people with guns in New 52, since he's kinda/sorta allies with Red Hood, who wears the bat symbol but uses guns (and kills people).

The scene in the 1989 Batman film where the Batmobile fires real bullets always bothered me.