View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
The point of a sidearm is that you have a backup weapon in the event your primary weapon does fail and you DONT have the precious seconds to do "tap, rack, bang". If all you have is one primary weapon and nothing for backup, then you'd take cover. You also did the process wrong.

If your primary weapon fails to fire, you don't take out the mag first. You lock the bolt back, then you strip the magazine, if that didn't already fix the problem, you look inside to see the problem to see if it is a double feed or if the bullet is jammed in there. If it is jammed in there, you have to physically pick it out. Otherwise, you rack the charging handle a couple times until the jam clears. Then you reinsert a topped mag and power stroke the charging handle one time and fire. That's for double feeds.

If it's just a simple bad round, you just tap the mag, rack the charging handle and then fire.

1. I was mentioning about dropping a mag when if the whole mag goes wrong or mag is being suspicious(like spring goes wrong, etc). I know that i wouldn't pull out whole mag and dump it only because of double feed. That's waste of ammo, and also stupid action in battlefield.

2. When i said "Pulling out of sidearm instead of cleaning out your MW means you're in some serious shit", that means you're in tough fight when you have to pull out sidearm instead of trying to solve the malfunction because it means that you don't have reaction time of cleaning your main weapon, but still needs to have a working gun on your hands. I don't think that pulling out of sidearm in range of 300 meters from enemy when your main weapon fails to fire. Maybe i should've mentioned about range condition first