View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 09:40 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

A bigger problem with many of these Latino immigrants is the fact that so many of them (and I mean, a significant portion, though I can't remember exact percentage) hold revanchist views and think the Southwestern U.S. should be Mexican territory. If these people were interested in assimilating into America, the way previous generations of immigrants did, I might not feel quite so opposed, but many of them aren't. They don't want to be Americans; they're Mexican nationalists at heart.

I have the same problem with Muslim immigrants, too. Many of them see themselves as Muslims first, Americans second. Many of them are sympathetic to the global jihad and may even be involved in terrorism themselves. And they make zero effort to assimilate, instead insisting on special privileges (like we really need prayer rooms and women-only hours at college gyms...)

And I know liberals always reference the fact that America has been a melting pot nation, but the problem is that these new immigrants are skiping the "melting" part when they enter the pot. Instead, they come to our country, they hate our ideas and everything we stand for, and then they bitch and whine that they're being "discriminated" against. Sorry, why am I meant to support more of that? The thing that's funny is that despite how much of Europe looks down upon America for not being as "progressive" as they are, it's funny to me that it's been in Europe that we've seen a revival of far-right/fascist-type parties in the past few years. Why? Because the Europeans are learning the hard way why immigration and multiculturalism has its limits.