View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
But I mean, don't you think this is something that needed to be considered before we went into Iraq in the first place?
I'm not sure I understand.

Quote:
No, we didn't go to Iraq for the oil. Yes, it was related to 9/11, but not because Saddam had anything to do with al-Qaeda. We basically went it to divide the Islamic world as a whole, and to put countries like Saudi Arabia in a position where they either had to be with us 100%, or not at all. And being pussies, they were drawn (involuntarily) closer to us, which meant that they could no longer get away with sponsoring jihadists.

It wasn't necessarily a bad idea in principle, but it was poorly planned and executed.
I never considered it that way, but it makes sense. I do believe I have been enlightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Seriously? Close the borders? What's so bad about illegal immigrants? While they don't pay taxes they give the United States almost free labour. Immigrants aren't coming over the borders to destroy the country. They don't pay taxes (We are talking about illegal ones), yes, but if that's the only complaint about immigrants, then it doesn't really make any sense because those could be easily fixed. And I still don't know what's so bad about "too many immigrants". Is it because a lot of them don't speak english? Because that's the only thing that I hate about illegal immigrants and normal immigrants too.
They take welfare and food stamps that only US citizens should be eligible for, they get free health care at taxpayer expense, and yeah, biggest part of them can't speak, read, or write English. I've heard it's getting to the point where the they're even considering making Spanish an official second language! It's getting to where I'm a minority in my own country and I'm fed up with it.

I have no problem with them if they come legally, but we've been way too accommodating to illegals. And I don't really find employers getting cheap labor as any kind of advantage for anyone but the employers themselves in that it enables them to avoid paying decent wages.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 11-27-2009 at 05:12 AM.