Thread: Damn it!
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
BTW...

Actually, I'm beginning to think that Jack's going soft on us. I've been a bit dismayed lately by some of the stuff I've seen in this season of "24". Like, "President Taylor" giving one of those lame public service announcements about how global warming is such a serious threat during a commercial break. And the fact that the show's writers are obviously concerned about being seen as "racist" for making a black African warlord the villain, so they have to include an evil PMC as the over-arching conspirator behind the attacks. And now, they also have to show Jack expressing remorse for being a badass.

I'm starting to worry that the next season will have Jack taking an hour break in the middle of the "day" to watch "Sex and the City" with Chloe and Renee. Or maybe Kiefer Sutherland will start appearing in L'Oreal commercials. Excuse me while I run off and vomit...
Nah, he ain't gonna go that soft on us.

Frankly, after last season (what a major, derivative trainwreck that was), S7 has been nothing but awesome so far. I've liked the whole idea of Jack trying to find some sense of humanity again...and that they've not made that pursuit so overbearing that he can't take the time to chuck a screwdriver into someone every now and then. I also like what they're doing with Renee - namely, making her sympathetic, yet still sometimes repulsed by Jack's methods. In essence, they're using her character to express what they haven't done (and can no longer do) with Kiefer. And everything else has been worlds above last season's tired highlights. S7 seems poised to overtake S5 as my favorite season. I hope not, though...I really liked THAT season.

As for Obama...well, I'll just put it like this. I don't agree with everything he's done so far...but he's got potential and seems like he's capable of doing the job. Not a Democrat, not a Republican (mixture of both, really...depends on the issue). I just think that after Bush, a change was definitely needed. McCain might have gotten my vote if he had been the John McCain I knew before 2007 - the one who all but explicitly told Bush to "F' off" on quite a few issues and seemed to have a better grasp on things than he did.

OK, I'm going to stop now. I hate politics, and I already feel my blood beginning to boil over McCain's about-face when he ran for President last year.