View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:48 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default Users should be required to put some minimal information on their user pages

It's rather obnoxious to argue with someone with a 'red' user name (i.e. no info given). Age is important, but not always necessary, but sometimes I get the feeling I'm talking with a little kid and that pisses me off. I will actually be not so HARD on a kid for saying something stupid than an adult. IMFDB has users who are minors who are just as smart and knowledgeable as many adults, so I'm not talking about them. I always found it a bit obnoxious when someone won't even take the time to put some basic info about themselves. It's kinda like a "F*** you" to IMFDB, "I don't need to give you any stinking background info!" mentality.

Also we're starting to get quite a few foreigners. And no, I may ridicule Commonwealth subjects (like the poor bastards in the U.K. etc) there is usually no language barrier with Members from English speaking nations. I wish they would identify what country they're from. Seeing CRAPLISH as english is annoying, more so if the person has no excuse (if English is NOT their first language, that IS an excuse).

Thoughts? Commentary? Flames?