View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
You should check it out, it's good. First season at least, second got bogged down in ancient-conspiracy nonsense.
Will do.

Quote:
Part of my concern is simply my being a law-abiding gun nut. The rest is the fact that there are plenty of surveillance cameras, albeit not enough to cover the city. And people are not that apathetic. Pistols in the alley at 1AM will get you an overworked detective and zero interest. Machine-gun fire gets people interested and brings in the FBI and ATF.
All the cameras will be able to catch is a thin person wearing black combat fatigues and a motorcycle helmet that completely obscures their face and rides a Kawasaki Ninja with no license plates.

Quote:
BTW, where did she get tactical training? Her father taught her wilderness survival, but being skilled with firearms and urban combat is a very different thing. She'd be fine if you dropped her in Siberia. Fighting trained and well-equipped bad guys if vastly different than fighting a couple tracksuited mooks in the film.
It was mentioned in the movie that Erik was an FSK operative (Russian Intelligence post-KGB and pre-FSB), so he would have had some degree of military training. In my fanfic world, I plan to have him originally have been a member of the GSG 9 (German elite counter-terrorism unit), who went on to do freelance work for the Russians and then the US. GSG 9 operatives receive training from Hong Kong's Special Duties Unit, Spain's Special Group of Operations, Malaysia's Special Actions Unit, and the US SWAT, so he'd certainly be equipped to teach Hanna about urban warfare.