Thread: Self Defense
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 07:40 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Self Defense

Since the other thread is going off topic, I've decided to make a thread about the subject matter here and reposting my last post

I like the shotgun an they are really good and I live with my brother. He can work his 870 like a surgeon, but I prefer my AR for awhile. Semi auto, lighter recoil, more rounds in case I miss, which I trained to not often. If I do miss, it's 1 small hole verse a bunch of hole with buck shot. Also faster to reload when empty. I've been trying the ETS group magazines with their built in coupler mags

Right now, I got my paperwork started on SBRing my EVO an that could be my potential bed side gun. It's shorter, so it can work tighter spaces better. People debate the effectiveness of a 9mm, but out of a carbine like gun and hollow points...it's pretty effective.

I've also been looking at suppressors. My "ultimate" HD gun could eventually be a SBR AR-15 with a suppressor attached in .300 blackout. Very potent round out of an SBR and pretty damn quiet.

I've taken a bunch of classes over the years, starting with basic, refreshers, advanced carbine courses, etc. A buddy of mine is a Recon Marine and he was the one that taught me how to shoot my AR.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”