View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Alright, fine, it's all about body size and your right, a good holster. Might I recommend Raven, or Bravo Concealment. For cheap, there's a newish company I got mine at "On Your 6 Design". For kinda more expensive HTC makes some pretty good holsters where you CAN fully IWB a full size gun.

I think for those fully committed, it's about how much you are willing to spend and what you are willing to wear. For IWB of a double stack gun, you might have to get a pants size 1 bigger to fit the gun inside your pants.

For concealment, it's about how the holster gun functions while being hidden. If it isn't hidden well, it's not really concealment. That's kind of the point of hiding your gun.
I've tried a Raven Phantom with IWB loops and don't like it overall, but I do use them for OWB holsters. I actually got a Phantom XC1 holster for my P229R and it's literally perfect in every way for OWB. They redesigned the sweat guard so it covers the slide and controls in their entirety, though I don't know if they've done this with their standard Phantoms. If they have, I might buy a new one for my P228.

I've been considering the HTC holsters for a while because they make a dedicated IWB for an XC1 equipped gun, their sweat guard is excellent from what I can see in their pictures, and they have a belt loop option instead of a plastic clip.

My current IWB is an RDR Holster which is phenomenal for the 35 bucks I paid for it, and it works just fine, but it has a plastic clip and a meh sweat guard, and I've been looking for something better to replace it.

Oh yeah, P229R with XC1: