View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:14 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I'm leaning more toward function over form considering my budget and that I'll be able to carry soon, and I've considered dumping my 92SB to fund a carry gun, so while it may have been a dumb move from a collectors standpoint, I understand and respect your decision sir. Now if you didn't make money on the black gem that is the 4505, then there's some concern there.

Oh yeah I took the course to get my permit. Gotta visit the FDOA and finish the process to get the card, and then sell either the 92SB or the Model 19 to fund a carry gun. Looking at a 6906 mostly for cost reasons, but it beats out my other choice, a P228, in that arena as well as finish and availability. I plan on perfecting it over time though as I'm not good on the mag disconnect, the bobbed hammer, the baseplates, or the grip.
Yeah when I sold the 4505, it was the only one I've made money on. Most of time I'm lucky to break even or lose a little bit. I would sell the 92SB to fund a carry gun over the Model 19. Even though the 92SB isn't that common anymore, there's plenty of the 92FS models out there if you want to get another later on. The Model 19 not so much.

In gun purchase news, got a Springfield M1A "Loaded" this past weekend. Hell of time to get one, since most mag suppliers are sold out. But was able to find a few to purchase that were in stock. Also able to get some ammo at an okay price as well, since nobody really likes to bulk up on 7.62NATO.