View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 05:36 AM

Call this rhetoric but this is what has always made sense to me. If it's ever worth carrying a gun, then it's worth carrying the biggest gun you can with the most rounds you can carry as long as it doesn't compromise concealment. The whole reason one carries is because they want to be prepared for any sort of attack they may come across, and attacks come in all shapes and sizes with any number of assailants or weapons, and it's not something you can predict. If you believe in preparedness as an extension of concealed carry, you shouldn't opt for under-preparedness in favor of preparedness. This is the same logic people use to justify not carrying a gun at all. At the end of the day, if you value your life and subscribe to the philosophical aspects of carry, you should not find arbitrary reasons to minimize your shooting capabilities. You will not be pulling out gunfight statistics when you are accosted by one man with a knife or 5 thugs with guns, you will be pulling out your gun. Make sure your gun is the right one. Or that your conveyance of your statistical analysis is damn convincing.

There are plenty of reasons that people of certain body types, medical conditions or job/dress requirements can cite to justify them carrying really small guns, but full grown men of sound mind and body don't have an excuse for not carrying a fighting sized gun and two reloads in my opinion.

Granted, this comes from a guy who carries a J Frame .38 90 percent of the time hehe. I always have it, but then again I always feel undergunned. I can't wait until I get something that combines capacity with rust resistance so I don't have to worry about my P228 rotting or my Model 60 running out of ammo.