View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Not "for experts" like it's the grip special forces use. It's a proper grip, meaning that you have equal pressure on the gun from the left and the right so the gun won't recoil to either side when fired. Add that with a proper high tang grip and the recoil will go straight back towards you inside of so much to the left, right or straight up.

Also there is a thing called "outdated" grips. Like for revolver style. For a time, in law enforcement in a lot of departments, they train you to aim the gun with one hand and with your reaction hand, you have a nice firm grip on your wrist for support. Then there's grips where you have you reaction hand's index finger wrap the front of the trigger guard. Those used to be established grips for training before one discovered that there can be an extra step that can go wrong.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 11-05-2010 at 01:54 AM.