View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Surplus ammo is really cheap, like 10 cents a round. It's corrosive though. But after all the surplus dried up, prices would be the same as any other round. What would be the point then. I thought about picking up a case of 1200 rounds, even though I don't currently have a pistol chambered in that round.
10 cents a round? I didn't realize it was that cheap. It's still surplus and may not run well in guns that aren't surplus as well. 9mm is also roughly 20 cents a round, and you now have the most common cartridge on the planet and dozens upon dozens of different loads to use. If you want to pinch pennies, buy a Glock 17 and get a .22 conversion kit. Or just buy a .22 pistol to begin with. A current production gun in a cartridge like 7.62 Tok is just counterproductive.

That's weak about ammunition in NY. I've had more than a thousand rounds on more than one occasion, and it wasn't that much, most of it was .22 ammo. Guess that makes me a violent crazy murderer, at least in New York's eyes. Oregon represent!