View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
Yes. that's it. The 40 caliber pistols mostly start out as 9mm models which is part of the problem. It is my understanding that the S&W 3rd Generation 40 (4000 models) caliber pistols were built around the 40 S&W which is why they had a better track record. However I have never owned one of the 40 caliber S&W autos so I'm going off what I've read on the S&W forums.
Well, that just gives more reason for those using purpose-built .40 S&Ws to go and try 10mm handguns. Conversion barrels to .40 S&W are usually available for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I am left handed

The cylinder on all but the Charter Arms Southpaw open out the left side of the gun, meaning I am meant to reload using the hand with which I am currently gripping the revolver

The cylinder release is on the left side of the gun, the opposite side of where my thumb would be situated

As someone who is left handed, this configuration is functionally useless to me unless I have 20 seconds or so to reload
Kind of makes you wish the MP-412 REX hadn't been cancelled, doesn't it? Top-break revolvers like the REX are ambidextrous, after all. Have you tried moving the revolver over to your right hand so you can push the cylinder release, then putting the revolver back in your left hand after you've finished reloading?