View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 01:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well, I live in Indiana, so we got great gun laws, but only started carrying after college.

I usually carry a Glock 19 with a spare full size magazine that has a plus 2 base plate. I wear an OWB holster made by Bravo Concealment. Very good solid kydex holsters.

Regardless if it's night or day, I always have my Surefire G2X with me and a knife. I got this old Gerber applegate. Been meaning to get a new one.

I've been thinking of getting a smaller slimmer gun for summer carry recently but with the weather being weird and not hot, I've been passing it by.

Best advice is to do your own research, go to gun stores to get a feel for which one you like. Take all advices from shop owners, cops, military guys and even instructors with a grain of salt. What works for them might not work for you and everybody has an opinion.

If you are a new shooter, I suggest getting some CCW type training and practicing with whatever gun you get. Make sure it works for you. That is important. Does it fit with your clothes? Can you draw it out quickly and into action? Can you reload or deal with malfunctions with it? Try it out at the range. See if the range you go to have guns that you might consider and try those out. Don't just shoot you gun at the range, fight with your gun to test yourself.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”