View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
IMFDB Admin

Tim you sure love to drive yourself into a frenzy about something no one else is talking about .....Look, if the ONLY screencap in which the gun is visible has subtitles or captions that you have NO CONTROL over has some profanity in it, no one will blame you. QUIT arguing about something that I or others are not talking about. If the subtitles are (a) unavoidable, aka they cannot be turned off and (b) it is truly the ONLY shot of the gun, then of course, it will be an exception to the rule.

You're also wrong about the Three Kings quote. What is with people thinking INSIDE a tiny little box? What was cool was the information Clooney is imparting, NOT how he says it. That entire block of screencaps can be described neutrally by saying that he 'describes realistically how a bullet mains and kills you in graphic medical language'. If for one moment you think the ONLY way this can be described is to say "You're F..ked", then you (meaning a person who would argue this) are being intentionally contumacious and contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
and I guess I'm taking your comments a little personally
....which is turning this into a circular argument around something which was never being talked about in the first place. If you WANT, we can have an exception for completely unavoidable occurrences, like that which you described. But for the record, I am not talking about the circumstance you seem to be obsessing over.