View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM

I hate when people get knocked out because of game dynamic (Jermaine) or because they are at an inherent disadvantage that they generally can't overcome (both women). Holding and shooting a heavy ass Thompson and drawing a bow and arrow require not only technique, but physical strength, and not to say the women didn't have that, but they certainly were at no advantage going against men who were just generally stronger. You might argue that if they were any good, they wouldn't get to the elimination challenge and be at said disadvantage, but Maggie went to the bow and arrow elimination challenge because she sucked with... a bow and arrow. Kind of silly. Athena is less excusable since she is a pistol shooter, but people like her are not trained with EVERY pistol ever, probably just their custom race gun (apparently she uses a 1911 based race gun) or whatever the hell they use. If you are the World Champion with that, it doesn't mean you are any good with anything else, especially the polar opposite gun which is a double action revolver.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the show, I just understand a few things that take away from it's impact, annoy me, or both. Jay Lim is kind of a bitch though.