View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Carl Minez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Your statement implies that you support erroneous information to be included on pages. I am sure that is not what you meant, but that would be the end result of your argument.

No you can't all be gun veterans, but it doesn't take experience to know NOT to put in BS. Google is a wonderful thing. There are things I was not sure of, so I did what we are all supposed to do. RESEARCH it before you post it.

And I don't believe we will become empty if we banned (which we don't do) newbie members from putting in crap info. There are plenty of members out there who would be happy to step up to the standards as set forth by the most senior and active membership & moderators. But having to constantly correct wrong entries become very tiresome.
"Your statement implies that you support erroneous information to be included on pages. I am sure that is not what you meant, but that would be the end result of your argument."

Oh not at all. I do apologize if my message was unclear but we need to distinguish the difference between what users can do and what users should do. I am of course not suggesting that an experience with computer games would justify anyone to post unfounded information. But I do rather think that you should define good authors out of their ambition rather than their experiences with weapons (which I understand cant be matched with an erudite gun-Nestor like yourself) but might nonetheless be relevant. When reading your post one could get the impression that you are generalizing a category of users which, of course, is wrong.

And there are times where an author has to draw a few conclusions himself without proper facts to back it up. And when It comes to these conclusions “noobs” might wanna think twice before writing anything down. A suitable elucidation might come from a more experienced writer this noob is to contact. That’s just one of many solutions.
So instead of writing of all CoD-playing newbies as disparaging spreaders of “erroneous” information we could try posting another help-thread with guidelines to motivate new users. Yet another suggestion