View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I always thought Netflix would've made a more logical choice for a continuation or a reboot. As a third party, they probably would've been in a better position to negotiate the rights issues between Fox and Universal, and we wouldn't have to worry about episode order. Sure, Whedon's stock has risen considerably since Firefly, but I don't think any network would give him the flexibility Netflix would.

Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't seem interested. They've seen the metrics, and I'm sure if they thought it'd work, they would've done it already. This is what they said four years ago, and I don't think anything has changed.
This is sadly true. I agree Netflix would be the better choice, but indeed they would have done something long by now. That and seems they are ardently going forward with their 'original content' promise, and for that I think that translates more into their own originally-conceived shows rather than continuing/delving-into other established franchises, Marvel and a couple other exceptions notwithstanding. Shame, I'd love to see them something with Firefly/Serenity. Ditto with RoboCop and a couple other things.

I will say I like Excalibur's idea of a sequel setting, and especially rotating cast a bit, just a bit of shakeup.

Speaking of Netflix, I'm still wondering what the hell I'm supposed to do for the six months between now and when Stranger Things comes back? Bah.

Of course it's the 30th anniversary of RoboCop and there's a lot of awesome stuff on that front, particularly the most ambitiously awesome RoboDoc, the also awesome Scream Factory release of RoboCop 2 and RoboCop 3 collector's editions that actually have special features, and the possibility that damn statue might get erected this year as well. So there's that.