View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I like second strike, were actually taught squeeze tap rack squeeze. Under stress unless you are a heavily practiced and experienced shooter you will probably pull the trigger again. And i can double strike one handed, i cant tap rack bang one handed.
Even if you will default to pulling the trigger again (which is about training, I've personally never pulled the trigger again after my gun has failed to go bang except in the case of revolvers where the round is different), there's the chance that the bullet doesn't need a second strike and is just a dud, so the second strike is a potential waste of time. You just can't trust a bullet that fails to go off, and ultimately it makes more sense to just get the bullet out of the chamber as fast as you can, and a fresh round in, a fresh chance at a bang, than to fiddle with a round you know has failed to work. just as well the second strike pull will be a double action pull and under stress after having probably done several single action pulls you may throw your shot off. That is the logic for the argument against second strike and I think it better than the argument in favor of it. You'll theoretically spend less time getting your gun in working order and that is what is important.

As for one handed use, again, if the round is bad, it's bad, and how many hands you're using won't help that, and you will be screwed if you only have one hand to use and the round fails to go off completely, so that point is sort of moot. and to be completely technical, it is possible to cock a gun one handed if you know what you're doing, but I will say (just as naturally second striking is) that it's a stretch someone will do that.