View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It really depends but for me since I live in the US, an AR-15 is a nice gun to have. I live in a state with no assault rifle bans other than NFA laws if I want full auto and suppressors.

But for the end of the world gun, I would want an AK that fires 5.56 since that type of ammo is easier to get on this side of the pond. The AK platform can run with low maintenance, not saying the AR can't but the AK is more rugged when it comes to by yourself and eventually you'll run out of lube and gun cleaning supplies.

For a combat rifle for when the shit hits the fan, nothing compares to a good AR-15 that's been personalized for you. I would like mine with a 14.5 in barrel with a muzzle device pinned and weld because that length of barrel is more than for home defense and urban combat.

A shotgun for me is specialized. People think it's just point and shoot but there's a lot more too it and it has significantly less ammo and requires a lot more training to load efficiently and even shoot effectively.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”