View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 06:38 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I'm not an MP guy either, so I feel you. It's worst when trying to clear a building, as they just pretty much wait outside while you do it. >_< Future Soldier had a fantastic (if admittedly OP, but then again these are the Ghosts we're talking about) room clearing system, whatever happened to that? Hopefully a day 1 patch (because let's be real: the purpose of the beta was to gather data and feedback for a day 1 patch) does some fixes for squad AI.
I would be surprised if they do a gameplay patch, the game is released in about a week. More likely the open beta was to get wider data about connectivity issues, and mainly more to market the game. They already did a closed beta where there were numerous bugs which were fixed for the open beta. I don't think they will ever add more direct control over AI squad mates as I think they really want to sell it on the multiplayer aspect, but tweaking their intelligence would be good so that when enemies know you are there they reliably engage the enemy more rather than just hiding whilst you get shot to pieces. As for clearing buildings, I found the only way to sort of do it was to tell them to "open fire" and they will go in, but you need to be quick to tell them to regroup or else they will sometimes run off looking for trouble and get themselves killed.