View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
the ak is kinda expensive, unless vector was real good like arsenal, and promag blows, the mod 60 seems like a more useful gun i you want a carry,
Vector Arms AKMS rifles go for 700+ new, and 600 dollars for about any decent stamped AK is not unreasonable. Next to Century built AKs like WASRs and GP1975s, it's more pricey, but it's also a much better in terms of fit and finish. Add to it that it comes with 6 mags (yes 3 are ProMag and their reputation is not great, but I have used the mags and know they work; it's hard to fuck up an AK mag) and that I would be supporting a friend by buying it, it's a no brainer whether I'd take that over a bone stock Arsenal, which is more expensive (well over 700 dollars, both with the flat price for the gun and FFL fees, and I'll have to buy online since no one around here carries them) and just about the same gun, if not less of an AK, at least in my eyes. Their basic model while nice and I'm sure worth every penny, has a fixed stock rather than a folder, and a bunch of AK-74 changes rather than being a flat out AKM type rifle, and as a purist, that bothers me. And if I'm going to spend 800 bucks, I can get the Spikes AR instead of an AK with which I don't think I'd be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I say save a little longer and get the AR, since you need a rifle rather than another handgun. I wouldn't bother getting a gun for carry until you get your carry permit. With the AR, you also have the choice of getting different uppers.
I'd like to have the Model 60, a small gun, to lug around my apartment too. I've put my Hi-Power in my pocket a few times and found it to be uncomfortable, and I'm constantly worrying about the finish. The AR upper thing is cool to think of too, at least down the road as uppers, and accessorizing an AR in general is pretty expensive.

My boss told me that over the summer he'll have a lot more work for me though, and I really wasn't expecting that, so that might mean I'll earn some more money and be able to have the snub and a rifle too. Here's hoping!