Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Haha, good point with the oceanwater! Yup, water+steel=bad. That's not even gun knowledge, that's simple chemistry, not to mention the rushing river deal. Pretty dumb guy.

You think if I took a picture of my 5906 Novak on a white background, you could fix it up and post it on IMFDB? You see the Novak version as much as the adjustable, and I think the distinction should be taken into account.

On another note, is anyone sure that 5906 picture is a 5906? It looks like a 5903 with a poorly cared for anodized frame to me.
I don't think it's a 5906 but I don't have one around for comparison. I will be trying to photograph one eventually. I never had a 5906 and I regretted not getting one. My business partners in the past all had TONS Of smith & Wesson autos so I never sweated it. I spent my $$ on a really big FAL, HK, m16 and AK collection (along with other various odd ball guns). Now the ONE GUN I can't photograph and we can't get a good of one. All my associates don't have theirs any more and those that do are hard to catch and schedule a shoot with.

Here is what you can do. Put your gun on a large piece of white cardboard (or white sheet if you don't have plain white matteboard or cardboard). If you can use diffused light it really helps. If you don't, reflect the light from bright work lights or clamp lights with strong bulbs (from Home Depot or something like that) against white cardboard near your pistol. If you have a transparent tub (like rubbermaid or Sterilite) from Walmart put the gun on the tub. The distance between the gun and the floor now should eliminate shadows or close to it. Stand over the gun and try to center it as much as possible. Don't use a wide angle lens up close to the gun. It distorts the lines of the gun. Keep it focused as clearly as possible, can't do much with a blurry photo. Also make sure it is a LARGE file with high resolution. I can fix that image. I can't fix low resolution small images. Hope that helps. Curious to know what your pistol looks likek Thanks for the offer.