Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
yes, I've seen Lost and I WAS thinking about doing a page about it, but...it seems like too much work since it the shots of guns are inbetween many of the episodes at a time and I lack the energy to actually watch them all again. I have season 1 on DVD, but it was season 2 when I saw some sort of AK type weapon with a small magazine.
Well, obviously you all haven't watched it enough to understand where the guns are coming from

The SIGs were the property of the Marshalls who were taking Kate Austen back to the States for extradition.

The bolt action rifle carried by the 'crazy woman in the forest' Danielle Rousseau was one that her French team brought with them 16 years earlier.

later the survivors found a bunker with an armory. Initially the AKs had 5 round magazines (because Hawaii has that STUPID HIGH cap magazine ban) and they DON'T exempt movies. Now that the armorers have welded 30 round magazines (limited to ten) that look correct, they replaced the short magazines for the most part. Also the armory had LOTS of weapons.

Also the OTHERS (the other mysterious and evil people) on the island have their own weapons.

Hope this helps. I've seen them film this show on Oahu. I always laugh when I see 'flashbacks' to places like "Los Angeles" or "Houston" or "Philadelphia" or "New York" and I recognize the "monkey pod trees" of hawaii or see "diamondhead" crater in the background .hahahahahaha.

Hawaii is the new Canada! As far as this show is concerned. Everywhere in the world looks like Oahu!