View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 03:24 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
The whole point was to have the rail to attach optics to, so that would have put them back at square one.
Not square one. Just period appropriate. I'd go with if they took the early almost flat top like upper and merge it with a carbine length handguard for looks and that'll be acceptable because it existed.

Also, square one of what? Before optics were used by every gamer and tacticool kids under the sun. People just forget that not too long ago, optics were a luxury item and untested on a mass scale. I know Marines coming out now that wondered what it was like before the ACOG was current issue.

I know lining up iron sights on a 2D plain that's giving you the illusion of 3D view with faux depth perception is unusual but to be historically accurate or at least to not be anachronistic, I think game developers need to rethink making games based in a time line before certain tech is the norm. I don't even want to begin talking about how the small arms weapons tech of Metal Gear Solid 5 is stupid

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 03-03-2017 at 03:27 PM.