View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
If you've played Rainbow Six:Raven Shield you'd understand.

The Vegas series was made by a completely different company and sold out of the original realism of the series in order to cash in on the mainstream gamer.
Yeah, i wasn't a huge fan of Vegas either. Raven Shield was probably the last game in the series that actually felt like a Rainbow Six game. Whist Vegas 1 & 2 are decent games, you can tell they take more inspiration from Gears of War than the predecessors in the series. I didn't actually mind the new focus on taking cover (i didn't love it either though). The part i disliked most was how scripted the levels were. The game just felt too linear for a Rainbow Six game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyDienhoff View Post
The Resistance expansion does add handguns, among other things. See here. If you still have any interest in playing OFP, I strongly suggest you get Resistance. Not only are its features very substantial for an expansion, almost every mod under the sun needs it, so it really is a must have.
Thanks for the recommendation, i think i'll check it out. I used to play OFP to death lol, but I never really got round to playing the expansion packs. Resistance sounds pretty cool .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus_shooter View Post
hi all new member here
I really like the firearms in COD 4 and as for STALKER i found the guns looked impressive but they lacked the hitting power, i mean i was head shooting a standard soldier with a British L85 with SUSAT scope on it and i was still not killing them.
Hi . Although STALKER is one of my favourite games, it's still a very very flawed one. I've always found the damage to be a bit wonky. Whilst you yourself die pretty quickly, the AI seem to take quite a bit of punishment. I remember shooting a guy in the face and he didn't even flinch, just kep on shooting back lol. Also, shooting an AI in the legs, arms or even chest just seems too underpowered. Though when i play STALKER i often use mods that adjust some of problems i have with the game (such as the damage). I personally wouldn't consider COD 4 particularly realistic, but it did have a nice selection of guns (and mostly with the real gun names ).