View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun View Post
There was no miss reporting. He stated that his gun was fire suppress. It makes no difference between a DI and piston where the fouling will be located when using a suppressor. It will go back toward the chamber and onto the bolt.

If is unsuppressed, the fouling in a piston rifle will be located in the piston and piston tube. In a DI it will be on the bolt.

My experience with suppress M4 is the gas blow through the charging handle into my eye. That is taking care of when you use gas sealant on the charging handle or buy a gas blocker charging handle.

It doesn't matter if there is excess fouling as long as it is lubed in an AR15 DI.

The US military has tested and rated the M16 with one jam for every 4000+ round fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-arguy
This is my HK 416 upper, I ran it with an AAC 416 silencer at the last Magpul Dynamics class here in St Augustine. 2 days, 2000 rounds. I only took the silencer off the start of day 2 for a few drills, I would guess about 150 rounds. All the rest were with the can. I dropped some lube in the gun at the start of the class, aside from that, no cleaning, no oil, nothing at all. No problems either, well, not really. I will admit, I have run regular DI guns like this without problems, but I needed to keep dumping oil on the bolt group. In fact, one of the guys who works with me ran his Noveske N4 with a AAC M4 2000 right next to me the whole class. His gun ran fine as well, but he did keep dumping lube into the bolt carrier.
I would say that the HK416 worked better being completely dry as compared to the M4 which needed a ton of lube poured into it. A ton of lube in any weapon used in a desert environment is not good at all.

All weapons foul up their gas system. I am saying from experience that the piston system is more robust then the DI. Also the fouling is not inside the bolt carrier on a piston system as in the DI.