View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...-ban-bill.aspx

I hate to sound like a broken record, but we're already compromising on things like SBRs and for some stupid reason, an extra vertical grip on pistols and other things that don't stop crime. This bill still misses the point of gun crime done by criminals who are already breaking the law. They don't obey the laws already in place, they are breaking the law to commit crimes obviously and they are going to keep on breaking the laws to do whatever they want. If this law even in a snowball's chance in hell of passed, the criminals will keep their guns, keep committing crime regardless of whatever laws that will pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
If this does pass, sales of the Kel-Tec SU-16CA will go through the roof.
You know how easy it is to adapt new reload tactics for post ban guns like that? People would be carrying around stripper clips like in the days of old again. Speaking of that, people will then pay top dollars to buy fashion bolt action rifles, the M1 Garands or even a new oppurtunity for gun companies to make modern variants since it doesn't seem to be part of the new bill.

A handgun like the C96 would be selling like hot cakes because it is a 10 round non detachable magazine handgun, who knows, if the bill sticks, companies might even have to make some kind of new variant of handguns to work with stripper clips if current handguns with "high capacity" magazines have to be registered. Revolver sales will go through the roof.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”