View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:53 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Nope, I specifically said, "in my experience" and admitted it was an anecdote. Now you're doing the opposite.

But seriously, not all gun owners are ultra-religious holier-than-thou conservatives (plenty are secular Libertarians and Independents).
Personally I care whether or not people swear. And I figure a lot of gun owners are former military or LEO or just guys who aren't that bothered by it. But it's unprofessional. I swore all the time in the military, but when I'm talking to film industry professionals, I keep the language clean. When I'm in the conference room helping pitch stuff or talking to producers, I keep the language clean. What is so hard to understand about that concept? It's not about calculating who or who will NOT be offended or think you're an uncouth punk. It's about just not worrying about it and keeping the language non-profane. Some of the quotes are funny. I vote for a third option, just put F--K for the f-bomb. you can still read the quote and understand what it says but don't spell it out. I was hoping for more classic movie quotes, not the more profane 'hip' quips that modern screenwriters tend to mix up with any story that has guns.

you know, these damned quotes aren't even a vital part of IMFDB. It's polarizing the membership and it's not even part of the site mission.