Thread: Missing Entries
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
As much as I like this idea as a general rule, there's one problem: What do you do when the gun in question has appeared in hundreds or even thousands of movies that have entries on IMFDB? If we were to list every movie or TV show that's featured a Beretta 92F/FS (read: almost everything made since 1985), the Beretta 92 series page would be so huge that loading it would take forever. Last I checked on the "most linked-to files" page (http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Special:MostLinkedFiles), our Beretta 92FS image has appeared on 745 IMFDB pages. And that's not including appearances of other popular variants, such as the Beretta 92FS Inox (an image which has appeared on 244 pages). Would you really want all of the thousands of Beretta appearances documented on one page? I sure wouldn't...
Isn't that the point of the gun pages? I'm still new here... but I thought that ideally they were supposed to list every occurrence of the gun... Or are they only supposed to list it when it is prominent in the movie?