View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Carl Minez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Well, that sounded like one of Obama's speech writers! LOL But you completely missed the point. Did I attack COD players exclusively? No. I said Newbies should NOT fly in, make a bunch of erroneous changes, and then fly out again. It is more outrageous when they're unknowns who waltz in, do a bunch of stuff, and then disappear. There is no one to speak to, to say "hey your changes are wrong, please revert them". No one to educate. they are gone with the wind. We're stuck UNDOING wrong information. And yes, it gets tiresome when we have to do it over and over again.
"LOL But you completely missed the point. Did I attack COD players exclusively? No."

I dont think you personally mentioned COD players but you did however, and many others in this thread, mention gamers as proper examples. There is the issue. Thats what i found inapt, not your irritation with fixing tons of impulsive mistakes.

But regarding that particular issue; wouldnt it be rather easy to simple lock the articles for changes? You can easily do this with the main wikipedia, just like you can restore the article using the history.