View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:57 PM
sillybunz13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
It's a disgrace to the U.S. Army because Jeremy Renner holds a Beretta with cup-and-saucer grip? LOL. Personally, I thought "Green Zone" was far more disgraceful to the U.S. Army than "The Hurt Locker" could ever have been.

We've already had a gazillion topics about this same subject, and personally, I think that the complaints about actors' gun handling are getting kind of played out. Yes, many actors hold firearms in inappropriate ways that one would expect their character to know are wrong. If that really bothers you so much, don't watch movies or TV.
First, Green Zone executed almost perfectly because his whole team in the movie were actual Afganistan/Iraq war veterans. Perfect trigger discipline, perfect tactics, and perfect weapons handling. I know he goes rogue by himself like half of the movie and shoots a green beret, but Matt Damon played a soldier damn near perfect.

In Hurt Locker, the whole movie was a cluster fuck, not just his horrible grip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq2PNmCCE9w

Second, I'm not complaining about every movie with bad gun handling, just the police and military movies that are modern. If we had more directors like Michael Mann and Christopher McQuarrie, then maybe we'll get somewhere with these inaccuracies.

Last, it should matter because if you're going to portray a person who is trained extensively on firearms such as a cop or soldier, do it right. Yuo know how much training these people go through and get bitched at improper grip and no trigger discipline. ALOT! I should know because I was U.S. Army infantry.