View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Well, here´s a short summary of the available weapons in South America:

- Colombia: M4, M16 and variants), Galil, G3, M60, RPGs.

-Venezuela: Fn Fal, G3, Uzi, Dragunov, Ak-103, Fn Mag, RPGs, Igla.

- Brazil: Imbel Fal Variants, Fn Mag, Taurus handguns, Rossi shotguns and rifles, Madsen LMG (yep, they´re still in service) and several assault weapons in hands of drug dealers (M1, Mini 14, Ar variants).

- Peru: FM Fal, F2000, some Scar 16 & 17,...

-Ecuador:FN FAL, SIG 540, M16A2-A4, M4, Steyr AUG, HK-33, Uzi, PSG-1, FN MAG, Milkor MGL, AGS-17, Browning M1919,...

- Chile: H&k G36, Sig 540, Galil, MG3, M40, Famae Saf, ...

- Uruguay: Ak-101, FM Fal, Steyr AUG, Fn Mag, Famae Saf...

- Argentina: FM Fal, Fn Mag, MG3, Steyr Aug, M4, 9mm Ar, Uzi, FMK3, Fara 83, M16, Famae Saf, Sig 556, Fap, Mp5, Minimi...

-Paraguay: chinese CQ rifles and carbines (M16 copy), Fn Mag, Ar variants.

-Bolivia: FM Fal, Akm, Type 56, Fn Mag.

Quote:
I agree that the Colt Anaconda is an odd choice (as are alot of the more obscure Russian weapons like the PSS).
Trust me, big caliber revolvers are very popular here.

Quote:
I'm also at a loss for other "local" firearms companies in South America--IMBEL and Taurus International are the only South American firearms manufacturers I know about, but surely they can't be the only ones. They're just the most well-known, right? Kind of how Colt is just the most famous American small-arms manufacturer, but is by no means the only one of note. I'd appreciate it if anyone could clear this up.
Indumil (Colombia)
Rexio (Argentina)
FM (Argentina)
Bersa (Argentina)
Rossi (Brazil)
Famae (Chile)
Dine (Ecuador)
Sima Cefar (Peru)
Cavim (Venezuela)