View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
Hey wow, did you do that whole page?
I never heard of the game before, but I think I'll check it out because I'm such a big STALKER fan.

Awesome page too, good quality all around!
Yes, I made the majority of the Boiling Point page. The only things I didn't contribute there are the "developer's promo image" pictures.

Thanks for the reminder of the FAMAE SAF Submachine Gun. I had forgotten I'd seen it previously in Hitman: Blood Money, in a level that's located in Chile. In that game the FAMAE SAF is pretty similar to the MP5.

So if South American forces are using the M16A2, is the IMBEL MD-3 (a 5.56x45mm rechambering of the FN FAL) then redundant? I can at least understand the niche that the Steyr AUG fills (a bullpup rifle with a scope can be more useful in certain circumstances than a full-size assault-rifle), but the M16A2 seems to be in the same niche as the IMBEL MD-3. Is the FN FAL still the premiere battle rifle of South American forces?

How realistic is the appearance of the Uzi series of SMGs/Machine Pistols? I remember seeing one in the film City of God, but that's just one movie about one Brazilian favela (slum).

And is Taurus International still the most popular semiautomatic handgun manufacturer in South America? How about revolvers?