View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 03:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'm reading a lot of mean spirited snark from this guy that's both funny and...offensive...probably because I work on IMFDB as well as all of us.

Also as a critic like others, I highly am hostile at people who uses the classic fallacy of countering criticisms with "It's an *insert genre*, it isn't supposed to be taken seriously" argument. As if that's a blank check to be stupid or not care about how to make a film or show or whatever. And that's not directed to just poor gun handling in films, it's directed to the film industry in general. Just because it's the Matrix and it's a stupid movie doesn't excuse bad acting direction (or lack of) to actors. There's suspension of disbelief and then there's bullshit when it comes to bad story writing. I hate these kinds of people that say oh it's just a movie. This is why the Transformers series made a fuck ton of cash than better movies!

And really, I think this guy is missing the point of our site. Yeah a lot of how we do things most likely involve piles of Doritos, mountain dew and ADHD meds, and avoiding our girlfriends but this is what we do. Yeah, I can be offensively snarky too!

I guess sometimes the technical descriptions do seem a bit much...like the XXX page but...it's there for you to read. I seriously don't think there is such a thing as too much gun information.

This guy clearly isn't a gun guy and I mean not even on a basic level. He obviously made this page almost as an attempted to sound like he's a rejected author from Cracked.com

Ok....ok....I'm taking a breath...I'm zen...calm...now excuse me, I need to go to my back yard. I mean...the range.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 03-03-2015 at 03:35 AM.