View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Speaking of FBI guns, I remember how in the first X-Files movie, Mulder goes to infiltrate a hostile facility while apparently being unarmed and ill-prepared. I thought that, since the TV series had been filmed in Vancouver for a long time, the production team might have just contacted the same film armourer as the Stargate TV series and given Mulder a touch more firepower for his mission. Something like a suppressed FN P90 (made famous in the Stargate TV series) might have worked well for someone in Mulder's situation. A P90 certainly would have been better than nothing while escaping from the rampaging Alien Colonists in the facility (and he didn't seem to have a backpack to get Scully the necessary clothing needed to survive in the hostile environment outside the facility either).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I seriously doubt for the sake of comparing what real FBI would use that Mulder would request a P90. A weapon like that is meant for someone who knows how to use it and Mulder has never seemed like the door kicker FBI type. Would have been real FBI cool of him to use an MP5/10 instead
First, the show - when it was filmed in Vancouver, that is - used Felcan Enterprises as it's armorer, same as SG-1, but I don't think P90s appeared in Stargate before X-Files moved the show's production to LA. That said, the first X-Files movie was likewise filmed in LA, not Vancouver, so that doesn't matter. In any event, the FBI didn't use P90s back in the mid-late 90s, so that would have actually been a bit off - MP5s were still more the norm.

Second, Excalibur is right, Mulder is not a real 'gun-hand' type of agent (Hell plenty of times he didn't even have his sidearm). Him carrying a spare rod is about as far as that has ever gone. Only three times did he use something other than his sidearm, one being the mocked-up assault rifle inside the videogame in "First Person Shooter", the other two being 870 shotguns - one as part of tactical assault in "Tunguska" where he was along with several tac agents and outfitted similarly (armor, suit, helmet, etc), and the other time in "Trevor" when he needed to use rubber riot slugs against a particular 'monster' suspect. Mulder is not someone who thinks of lugging along a shoulder arm whenever he goes out, especially in instances like that where he goes halfway across the planet without prior formal authorization. As for not having his sidearm, we don't know that for sure simply because we don't see him pull one out, that said, Mulder going into situations being ill-prepared is honestly part of the show's point really.

Back to the topic, I don't mean limiting carry to only a portion of agents, but.. eh, again, just not sure all of them have to be packing necessarily. But as JCordell said, they're not gonna disarm 'em anytime soon, so that's that.

Otherwise, a rechambering might be feasible, but still, just simpler to outfit new weapons.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 06-29-2016 at 08:18 PM.