Thread: My First Pistol
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I don't agree with the philosophy of a gun is not needed for police work. Crime rate aside, you ask any cop in America to disarm and be apart of the "unarmed" cops, they will say no. The crime rate is the UK is just as high for such a small area. Now justifications for the use of a gun in the line of duty is always the final measure, but saying a gun is "not needed" simply because crime is low is dumb.

You read a lot of reports of police in the line of duty using their guns, they will draw on criminals with any weapon in general. Just because they aren't using a gun as a weapon doesn't mean the cops don't need guns for protection. Originally England's entire police force were all armed to begin with. They had just slowly put the mentality that they don't need guns to enforce the law despite the crime rate in that country.

Back the the slide lock thing. You're right, it will take a while for the slide lock to be worn out from repeated use. And even if it does break, get a new one. It isn't hard. It's just a little piece of metal that holds the slide back. I'd be more cautious of the springs and guide rods than the slide release

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”