View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I don't think the Hurt Locker scenario is a very likely one. A more likely scenario would involve someone with a rifle.
Except I brought up that situation in the Hurt Locker to show how some poor sods are only issued a pistol in the military (or only have one on hand in a dangerous situation) and how difficult it would be for the 9x19mm or the .45 ACP round to penetrate the cover provided by an average automobile, or even cover that isn't particularly thin (like plywood or drywall).

Quote:
Why not a folding stock while we're at it? (I'd love to see someone make a modern version of a Mauser C96. I think that would make both of us happy here.)
Actually, I've seen advertisements for detachable/folding stocks for Glock 18 pistols. From what I've read the Glock 20 is not that much larger than the Glock 17/18, so producing a detachable/folding stock for a Glock 20 shouldn't be too difficult. That, combined with a Glock 20 using a 6-inch barrel or something similar could make for an excellent ersatz pistol-caliber carbine that would allow an LEO or military personnel like your female MP friend to put the hurt out to unarmoured perps/terrorists out to 100 yards with good materials penetration.

Quote:
As for JCP, I'm not saying none of them were good enough, just that the military never specified which one was the best. All of the candidates got good reviews.
And that makes the decision to cancel the JCP twice even stranger.