View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Hmm, that could take a while, even just with the pages I've made or majorly contributed to. Are you sure such a process couldn't be automated?

Furthermore, several of the "this actor uses these weapons" and "this weapon appears in these pieces of media" pages have sections whose order is nowhere near standardized. Some are ordered alphabetically, others are ordered chronologically, and those of the latter type can't seem to make up their mind if they should go oldest-first or most-recent-first.

I think it's time the higher-ups over here brought down the gavel on this matter and announce what order goes with which type of page.
Actor pages are done oldest to newest, while weapon pages are newest to oldest. Some weapon pages that still have the standard text versus the grid pattern aren't done in any particular order. Whenever I add to one of those pages, I put the year after the movie. Then if I or another user converts it to grid pattern and chronological in the future, it makes it a little bit easier. I converted the Beretta 92FS movie list to grid pattern, but left it the order that was because very few had the year listed and it would have taken even more time to check each movie page to see what the year was.