View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Smith & Wesson 915, basically a budget 5904. Would have liked to have gotten one with matching controls. But they were bought up within the first few hours of listing. $240 shipped, I'll do a better assessment when it arrives. Already got extra mags.

Pretty interesting. Before the craze I would have said something to the effect of "915s are budget 5904s, but 5904s are budget wondernines", but you are right. Prices on hi caps have risen, and even before the ban scares, S&W classic autos have have been drying up and rising in price. The accented controls are interesting though. Is it a parts gun or were they offered with different finish patterns or something? Even as a budget line gun, it's still a S&W and therefore a fascinating item to me.

About the spring kits, the one thing I love about the S&W classic autos is that the frames are super easy to strip. The wraparound grip was a really ingenious idea since it made replacing the mainspring easier, on top of eliminating 11 parts from the whole design. Enjoy your new gun and let us know how you feel about it after the range.