View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
The question is WHY? And how would they get paid? Is there a revenue stream if IMFDB has reviews?

I'm not thrilled with reviews because it's a whole nuther layer of stuff that has nothing to do with documenting firearms appearances in films.

But if Bunni has a brilliant master plan that he has not revealed to us, then I'm all ears!
The why is that I'm trying to create content we'll enjoy reading - and bring a unique opinion/perspective/analysis to film that the mainstream media is never going to see/appreciate. The pay would be per word, and freelance, I couldn't possibly hire any permanent employees.

The reviews would be separate from the wiki - but the goal is to create content that we'll find interesting and that wouldn't otherwise ever have a voice.

The most interesting application so far is from an officer who has seen several deployments. This is someone whos perspective we may find interesting.

It's really an experiment - we've grown to a size now where I think we have some really incredible talent in our readership - talent that spans throughout the entertainment industry and beyond. Let's stretch our legs a bit and see what we can do.